Google
 

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Resurrect Me



Sometimes, when I step out of a movie theater, I feel the reality slapping me in the face... but in a good way, because movies start to look like lousy computer games and there's nothing good about that.
The only reason I went to see Gamer was because I was late for District 9 screening, and frustration made me do it - I bought the ticket. The regrets kicked in 5 minutes into the movie. I like Jerard Butler, but he chooses his movies terribly - 300, P.S. I love you, and the latest romcom trash, The Ugly Truth, didn't score much credit with me.
Another computer-game-like excuse for a movie is Surrogates. It's as fake as Ving Rames' beard was, but not as deep Somebody should tell Jonathan Mostow that one bad movie about robots is enough for a director's entire career, no need to make another one.
I can't believe that I have to seize talking about sci-fi action movies in favor of a chick flick, but Julie and Julia is actually good. In fact, it made me go back to writing this blog. Yes, the blog is back. Woo hoo! Also, it made me go to my kitchen and try to master some wildly creative cooking. It didn't work out. Still, I enjoyed the movie and Meryl Streep, who was magnificent... again and will get an Oscar nomination... again. So far she has no competition this year. I feel like I should write a sentence about Amy Adams, who is also in the movie, so here it is.

No comments: